• Internationally acclaimed musician, record producer and arranger with more than 25 years in the music industry.
• Ivor Novello-nominated songwriter.
• Numerous Number 1 singles and albums, plus millions of record sales worldwide.
• A wealth of recording, performance, production and broadcast experience across a wide spectrum of musical styles from classical to pop.
• Track record of exceptional results, critical and commercial success in creation, direction and coordination of musical projects at the highest level, both in the studio and on stage.
• Studied piano and composition at the Royal Academy of Music, and awarded the prestigious Piano Prize. Has performed as soloist with symphony orchestras in the United Kingdom. Also an accomplished jazz pianist.
• Most recently nominated for an Ivor Novello award for writing “Clown” and “Daddy” by award-winning artist Emili Sandé, featured on the multi-million selling album “Our Version of Events.”
• Produced, arranged and wrote tracks for Robin Gibb (Bee Gees).
• Produced and arranged/performed six albums for million-selling singer-songwriter Julia Fordham including international hit and Japanese Number 1 “Happy Ever After” and the critically acclaimed gold album “Porcelain.”
• Songs for Sonique (million-selling debut album).
• Produced and arranged the Number 1 classical album “Tenor at the Movies.”
• Produced and arranged/performed four albums by Broadway star and UK singer Marti Pellow including the highest-selling independent album “Love to Love.”
• Produced, arranged/performed the gold debut album “Earthbound” for UK singer-songwriter Conner Reeves, including three Top 20 singles.
• Produced the UK’s biggest-selling Number 1 single of 2000 “Can We Fix It?” and wrote tracks on international Top 10 album of the same name.
• Collaborations/co-productions with Grammy-winning producer Trevor Horn and award-winning songwriter/producer Simon Climie.
• Worked with Eric Clapton, Seal, Robin Gibb (Bee Gees), Elton John, Joan Armatrading, Julia Fordham, Emili Sandé, Jon Secada, Jennifer Rush, Lulu, Gary Barlow, multi-million-selling songwriters Diane Warren and Lamont Dozier, multi-million-selling UK band Wet Wet Wet, Marti Pellow, Caron Wheeler (Soul II Soul), Enrique Iglesias, k.d. lang, Curtis Stigers, Beverley Knight, Sonique, Judith Owen, and many other successful Top 20 UK acts.
• Written and performed for TV and radio, broadcast in over 60 countries.
• Toured extensively in Japan, the UK and the United States.
• Performed internationally on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno, at the World Music Awards, for HRH Queen Elizabeth II, on Top of the Pops, Good Morning America, and with the London Philharmonic Orchestra.
• Bachelor of Arts in Piano Performance and Composition from the Royal Academy of Music and Glasgow University.
• D.R.S.A.M.D. (now the Scottish Conservatoire) 1980-84.
• Grade 8 Piano (Distinction)
Grant Mitchell email@example.com +44 7973 753739